We’re excited for you to join us this summer for a very fun activity and raffle!
Who is Flat Stanley?
Originally published in 1964, “Flat Stanley” is an American children’s book series written by John Brown. The book details the adventures of Stanley, who survives being squashed and makes the best of being flat. Stanley’s adventures include sliding underneath locked doors, being used as a kite by his little brother, and even helping catch some art museum thieves by posing as a painting on the wall.
In 1995, third grade teacher Dale Hubert, started The Flat Stanley Project in which students are encouraged to create paper cutout “Flat Stanleys” and document where their Flat Stanley has accompanied them.
This inspired our dentists and orthodontists to have a summer adventure of their own!
Have Fun With Our Very Own “My Dentist’s Summer Adventure”
Below we’ve provided download links to flat versions of our dentists and orthodontists. Download and print the full color version OR get creative by downloading the black and white version to color and decorate! Click the doctor image to download the full PDF version.
Once you’ve cut out (and colored/decorated) your dentist or orthodontist you can glue them to a popsicle stick so that holding them is easier.
Next: Bring your dentist with you on exciting summer adventures and record your journey!
Activity Ideas For Your “My Dentist’s Summer Adventure”
Entertain your dentist
– Your dentist would love to watch you brush, floss and rinse!
– They also love to sit with you while you eat your breakfast, lunch, dinner and even snacks.
– Decorate an envelope for your dentist to get some zzzz’s!
– Get creative and design a “Flat Self” by making a cutout that looks just like you!
Reading and Writing
– Visit the library to check out the Flat Stanley books and read them to your dentist.
– Write us to share all about your dentist’s adventures. We would love to read about your summer experiences!
– Make up your own story by writing about fictional adventures that your dentist could be experiencing.
– Take your dentist with you on your fun adventures this summer such as going to the movies, park, beach, parties, and more!
– In the books, Flat Stanley travels the world in envelopes. So if you have a family member or friend who lives far away you could mail them your dentist cutout and ask for a picture from afar. We want to see how far our dentists and orthodontists could travel!
Going on vacation?
– Take your dentist and snap some photos at the fun places you’re visiting!
Get creative! Don’t limit your dentist’s summer adventure to just our ideas. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
“My Dentist’s Summer Adventure” Raffle
Send us your “My Dentist’s Summer Adventure” pictures and stories! Whether it’s a selfie with your dentist, a portrait of your decorated dentist, some adventurous travel pictures, or documentation of healthy activities such as brushing or flossing… We can’t wait to see it!
Submit your dentist/orthodontist adventure by sending a picture in a message to our Facebook page or through the form below.
All submissions will be entered into a raffle. Multiple winners will be drawn for special prizes! Winners will be contacted after Labor Day.
*All “My Dentist’s Summer Adventure” submissions are subject to public posting and sharing by Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontic Specialists of Michigan. If you prefer that your submission not be shared please specify when sending*