The stocking can be a tricky item to fill around the holidays because it can only fit certain size items – and these tend to be candy related from our experience. Aside from spelling trouble for their teeth, there are already so many sweets consumed around the holidays anyway. We have some stocking stuffer recommendations from your friendly neighborhood pediatric dentists and orthodontists!
If you want to be creative
- Create your very own Tooth Fairy Kit, a little scrapbook for each child’s loose teeth! Each page dedicated to a tooth, when and how it was “lost,” (or extracted at the dentist). It can also have a money pouch your child can use for the Tooth Fairy to deposit payment for teeth.
- A tooth timer. You can fashion a minute hourglass into a tooth timer, to make brushing into a fun game (and to make sure it is not too rushed)!
What you can get at the stores
- Kids and teens love cute toothbrushes, flavored toothpaste, and easy to use floss. You can get them dental kits they can keep at their lockers at school, containing Colgate Wisp disposable brushes and mouthwash with the ADA seal. These can be great solutions for a little clean up between classes.
- Cute toothbrush covers featuring your kids’ favorite characters or animals would also go over really well. It would keep their toothbrushes protected at home and at sleepovers.
- Lightup toothbrushes: these “ready, go!” toothbrushes flash for 60 seconds, the recommended time for brushing teeth.
- Denture-shaped ice tray: Your kids (and your guests!) will laugh at the denture-shaped ice cubes from this funny tray.
- Teeth magnets: Perfect for keeping your kids thinking of their teeth by giving them teeth magnets to hold their notes or drawings on the fridge.
What you can get at the dentist
- A brand-new mouthguard: For athletic kids, mouthguards are a must. Store-bought mouthguards are great and we can make custom mouthguards in our office that really fit well for our older athletes that have completed orthodontics.
About Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontic Specialists of Michigan, the offices of Drs. Plunkett, Ralstrom, Makowski, Thanasas, Ker, and Associates
Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontic Specialists of Michigan have specialized in pediatric dentistry and orthodontics since 1968. Our family-friendly and newly renovated office gives patients and families a more comfortable and consistent experience with dentistry from the very beginning. Our pediatric dentists treat children from newborn to 18 years of age while our orthodontists provide care for both children and adults and are proud to be Premier Providers of Invisalign and Invisalign Teen services. The ability to treat all patients with compassion and individuality, including those that may have special needs reaches beyond our facility, which has treatment rooms available for children who require additional privacy and customized care options. We pioneered valued hospital affiliations to allow dental services to be performed at DMC Children’s Hospital and St. John Macomb Hospital, when appropriate or necessary, and our specialists are also proud to be on staff at Henry Ford and Beaumont hospitals.