Digital Dental Imaging
We are proud to utilize the latest technology available to ensure our patients enjoy the best care possible. We use high-resolution digital photography to capture detailed images of your mouth, thus enabling us to maintain sharp, accurate records and keep you thoroughly informed of your diagnosis and treatment progress. We can also use it for cosmetic concerns our patients may have, such as tooth whitening. The use of digital photography in our practice is an indispensable tool which allows us to communicate thoroughly with our patients as well as pass information on accurately to any additional health professionals involved in your care.
Digital Radiographs (X-rays)
Our practice uses extremely low dose, patient friendly x-rays including a size-of-patient-adjustable panoramic radiographs, and close up x-rays using digital films that are much lower radiation than traditional radiographs. This makes our appointments more efficient, our office more environmentally friendly, and our record keeping more permanent as everything is stored securely in the cloud.
Digital Dental Models – iTero Element
Our office pioneered the digital scanning revolution when we were one of the first to transition our impression taking and dental cast making protocol to a digital format. We have mastered the use of the intraoral video camera. We use our scanner to make traditional orthodontic casts into digital 3D models on the computer, for scans to generate Invisalign clear plastic aligners, for making appliances for orthodontic patients including expanders and retainers, and also for timelapse. Timelapse is a way to record the condition of teeth and gums at a moment in time with the ability to use this information as a baseline to compare against future conditions.
Digital Radiography (x-rays)
We exclusively use digital dental radiographs. If you’re wondering what digital radiographs might mean for you and your child, check out the following facts about digital dental radiographs below:
- Instead of using film to produce physical prints of teeth, digital radiographs make use of special sensors that reduce the use of radiation required to see the teeth properly
- Use of digital radiography, provides you with the latest technology available, therefore providing you with the highest quality of care
- Production time is significantly cut with the use of digital x-rays, as the need for producing actual film copies of the x-rays is eliminated
- Immediate feedback for the patient, as the pictures we take can be viewed instatntly after shooting
- It is environmentally friendly, as we no longer need any chemicals to process the film after it is exposed, allowing us to be environmentally responsible
- Increased image quality and flexibility due to integration with imaging software
- Easy-to-read, magnified results making abnormalities much clearer for doctors to spot and for patients and parents to see, allowing immediate visuals leading to faster diagnosis
- Images can be enhanced to assist in making precise diagnosis, allowing us to provide timely treatment
- We have the ability to obtain x-rays of teeth in patients that may have special care needs that wouldn’t allow for radiographs in the past