We have some holiday gift ideas for your stockings and the gift pile at the family party. And because we’re pediatric dentists and orthodontists, you’re getting dental-health-themed holiday gift ideas from us.
These gifts are good for you and will help your family continue to sport that big beautiful smile in holiday photos for years to come!
- A personalized toothbrush or retainer case: If a child is always traveling to sports events, or if you’re planning a family vacation where a toothbrush case would be super handy, this gift is perfect. A subtle and cute retainer case would also save retainers from being thrown away in the trash while wrapped in tissues!
- A cute toothbrush holder and toothpaste dispenser: You can find a lot of these on Amazon and eBay. Choose from favorite animals or cartoon/movie characters! These would make brushing more fun and exciting, especially for little kids.
- Fun flossers: For kids who can’t quite manage to maneuver floss yet, flossers are a awesome. You can give sets of these in multiple colors, or just one favorite color. Some even come in fun animal shapes, like sharks and crocodiles!
- An electric toothbrush for the bigger kids: These are very helpful, especially for kids with braces. Even better, they are scientifically proven to work better than a manual regular toothbrush (as long as it is a sonic rechargable type toothbrush). Avoid the battery operated ones as they aren’t as good.
- A waterpik: This is an amazing tool for kids that struggle with flossing or for patient’s with braces. Waterpik’s clean under the gums, between the teeth and around braces very well. Our orthodontic team strongly recommends them!
- A “future dentist” toothbrush glass/mug: Got any kids who love going to the dentist to the point of wanting to become one when they grow up? That’s wonderful! You did something absolutely right with your kid’s dental health! You can nurture that dream with this gift!
- Teeth magnets and stickers: Some even have golden crowns and fillings! Perfect fun for kids and adults alike. You can hang your orthodontic food do-not-eat list or post notes to each other on the fridge using these pearly white teeth magnets. Or add the magnets to the bathroom mirror as a reminder to brush!
About Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontic Specialists of Michigan
Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontic Specialists of Michigan has specialized in pediatric dentistry and orthodontics since 1968. Our family-friendly and newly renovated office gives patients and families a more comfortable and consistent experience with dentistry from the very beginning. Our pediatric dentists treat children from newborn to 18 years of age while our orthodontists provide care for both children and adults and are proud to be Premier Providers of Invisalign and Invisalign Teen services. We have the ability to treat all patients with compassion and individuality, including those that may have special needs as we have treatment rooms available for children who require additional privacy and customized care options. We pioneered valued hospital affiliations to allow dental services to be performed at DMC Children’s Hospital and St. John Macomb Hospital, when appropriate or necessary, and our specialists are also proud to be on staff at Henry Ford and Beaumont hospitals.